The Revell Kenworth K100 is one of those Revell kits that has its frustrations. The fit for a lot of the parts leaves a lot to be desired (and some gaps). Once you got past some of the basic fit issues this kit was fairly straightforward. My biggest complaint was the quality of the molding for the chrome parts. There were a lot of seam lines on these pieces.
For this model I decided to go with a very worn and weathered look. The Kenworth K100 is from the 1970s, so I imagined that this truck has been sitting around and ignored for a long time. When doing research I realized that these trucks are painted just about every color in the rainbow, so I went with a nice shade of purple. I think it works well with the blue chassis frame.
For the weathering, I started with an oil wash using a combination of darker shades from the Mig Abteilung line. This was followed by an India Ink wash. I then did another oil wash with burnt umber to add rust depth. Finally, I used Vallejo pigments for caked on mud and heavy rust effects. I also used Tamiya weathering pigments on a few places.